For those of you all who are starting out to mind map and like to know what tools are available and on which devices/OS, here's a non-exhaustive list of mind mapping tools collated. Hope it helps you pick a tool that you can make use of.
How to pick a tool?
- Make a list of tools to explore
- Shortlist few based on the device / operating system you use
- Explore the features available
- Compare it with the rest of the tools available
- Choose one that best fits your need
- Use it for free, check the features available in the paid version
- Try to use other tools when in absolute need
- Continue to explore a new tool that's made available
- Contribute to the open source community by suggesting improvements or by reporting bugs found
- Get in touch with mind mappers (mind mapping community) to learn what / how else they use the tool
- Engage with the learned to learn tips and tricks
Click on the image to view it enlarged.